vrijdag 5 januari 2018

Tribute to APH Romania

Because I can't always make tributes to Paul McCartney

It says 'to APH Romania', but it's also a bit for the actual country


So one month and three days ago, on December 1st, I made a drawing for Romania from Hetalia
(They didn't give him a human name, so I often call him Roro)
Why that day? Because December 1st is the national holiday of Romania.
Translated to Hetalia language --> December 1st is Romania's birthday

(shamelessly promoting my art again)

Once he got introduced in the Hetalia series I immediately loved him.
Not just because he's a pretty character, but just look at his personality and traits  :3

"He is described as friendly, cheerful, and a bit mischievous, but also as carelessly eccentric. He has a strong belief in black magic and loves folklore. Fairy tale princesses, bring out Romania's romantic side. Character notes reveal that his strong points are good luck charms, fortune telling, and magic."

I think that if there's one Hetalia character that I really relate to, it's Roro

We have both personality traits and interests in common:

personality:
- cheerful
- mischievous

- eccentric
- likes romance

- rather vain   (this is never really confirmed BUT COME ON look at his outfits, it's pretty obvious! )

interests:
- magic
- folklore
- fairytales


This character gave me a better image of the country
Because I have to be honest, when I was little I didn't have a good impression of the country:
When I was little my mom told me stories about how there were several abandonned orphanages in the country. I looked up videos about it years ago and it was rather creepy indeed. And there are the stereotypical stories that all Romanians are gypsies ofcourse :c


But when I watched Hetalia and saw the character I got interested in the country again
(okay, here comes the cheesy part)
Thank to APH Romania I wanted to know more about Romanian culture and even learn the language
(Not because of my friend Alyssa XD sorry! Don't cry too much)


Hetalia headcanons that I accept are:

-Romania being the romantic one of the two ( aka him and Bulgaria) and trying real hard to get to know Bulgaria and impress him. And his little brother Moldova secretly watching his brother acting like a romantic dork...but also shipping him and Bulgaria

- (this is both for them as friends and as a couple)
   Romania being the one with a very strong belief for magic and all kinds of occult stuff. And there's Bulgaria being neutral about it and who's kinda suspicious about all this magic stuff. He's too serious anyway XD


- (Not really a headcanon, but,) whenever I see this comic I imagine them wearing maiden dresses. Wouldn't surprise me if APH Russia made them wear those
One day I'm gonna draw them in maiden dresses X3



I bought this sketchbook and feel like Roro now
Me: Don't buy it. It's for children (I'm mentally still a child but shhh)
Me: -puts it back and sobs a little-
Me: -goes back to store a few weeks later and buys it-

Like I said: thanks to the character I wanted to learn Romanian
I actually informed myself about the language and I actually liked the sound of it. Romanian sounds rather weird: it sounds like 'some sort of Italian with a lot of Eastern European influences to it'. And since I'm a weirdo I like weird.
So last month, December 2017, I finally started to (try to) learn this language! I've been wanting to learn it for about 4 - 5 years now, I think? But I never really did anything about it ... I once bought this book with information for tourists about the country (that way I could at least inform myself a little about the country and culture), but I lost it. On the back there were basic Romanian words like 'bună', 'mulțumesc', 'eu sunt' and others. So for maybe a year or so I knew basic words.
There's this site called Duolingo where I practice my Italian and I decided this would be the best way to learn the basics
So far it's been a failure XD I also haven't practiced in a few weeks due to work

I'm a true 'eșec' when it comes to Romanian    X3


yaay (I guess?)

lol fail, so much fail in one screenshot/picture



But I kept trying and guess what
CORRECT SPELLING  u.u

It will take years before I can master basic Romanian
(Italian was/is already a struggle lol)

But I did have some sort of 'proud moment'
Some of you might know I listen to De La Capat too much, it's becoming an unhealthy obsession  (help)
But hey there are also advantages to it!

There's this one line:
"Viata n-are buton de rewind sa"    (Life doesn't have a rewind button)

And okay, sure, I have looked up the translation before to know what the song is about but it's been a while since I looked it up, so I don't remember the translation of every single line

I started focussing on this sentence
The first thing I understood was 'buton de rewind' (let's face it, they kinda stole it from English XD ), not very difficult


Then:
"Viata"
Which reminded me of 'vita' which is Italian for 'life'. So knowing Italian actually helps me understand this language a little better  :3


Duolingo taught me 'nu' is used when there's a negation in Romanian
so the 'n' sounds is short for 'nu' ( --> I think? ) which translates to 'don't/doesn't'

and then finally 'are'
why did it take me that long to guess what 'are' means?

Well, I always had some trouble with understandig this word since I confuse it with the English 'are', so I still have to tell myself it doesn't translate to 'are/is'
it's 'has'

BUT MADU, WHAT ABOUT THE 'SA'
Well, idk!!! What is it doing there????

We have:
Life (viata)
doesn't (n/nu)
have (are)
rewind button (buton de rewind)
So we have all the words to create the sentence in English, right?


Let's just say 'sa' is the little shit of the sentence   :3  :3  :3

But I had a proud moment and I won't let this 'sa' ruin it    ;w;     -slight sobbing-

I don't really know how to end this blog post so have this lead singer dude from Voltaj   ;D



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten