woensdag 17 januari 2018

heroes~

Okay, listen up people cuz I will post this embarrassing stuff only once

I wanna do a more personal blog post about who my heroes are
aka my role models/ people I look up to


1. okay, let's start with the embarrassing one first (I actually feel awkward when typing this XDD help)

P- p... Paul McCartney      (>w>)

No comment ... moving on to the next one ... jk ofcourse
Well, where should I start? Since a few years I've become obsessed with the Beatles again, even though I've always liked their music. Last year I did this 'Which Beatle are you?' test for fun and got Paul McCartney as result. Not much later I did the test again and got the same result. I've done it several times and 99% of the time I have Paul as result (I had George and John maybe both once, because I changed my answers that much. But even when I sometimes change my answers, I get Paul as result). So I guess it's fate?
I remember making this blog post in 2015 and basically it said 'My new resolution is to become the genderbend version of Paul'. Just to be clear, I was joking! Turns out my life didn't understand this was a joke. Ever since that test ... Every time I think of something I have in common with Paul, I find something else that's the same not much later. This can be anything: the way I sit, how I laugh or talk, having big brown eyes, the way I behave around people, making dumb jokes and laughing awkwardly afterwards, the list goes on (seriously, what is my life trying to do with me ;w;) It's a bit creepy sometimes.
But if there's one thing the movie Frozen taught me it's: you must learn to control your curse
So ye ... why not accept it?
But all jokes aside, Paul is someone I look up. Not just cuz he's a great musician, but just his optimistic personality, how he went from a guy who grew up in a poor family to a super rich guy but never became a snob, just his life in general

(I show my admiration in weird ways haha ^^; )

2.
My friend: Paola

Maybe even my biggest role model. I guess it's because part of our personalities is the same and another part is completely different. And it's the different part I look up to. She's: mature, elegant, calm, patient, etc. A lot of things I'll never be. Also, all the things she achieved as an artist and illustrator. Back in December I made this embarrassing clingy blog post for her which said 'everything about her life is interesting to me. Even when she does nothing at all'. Why I look up to her is a mystery for me as well. All I know is that she's my senpai  =w=

3.
My grandfather

I remember when he passed away. His death and funeral are something I don't remember too well, since I was only 11 years old. I do remember that after he passed away, it affected me for about another year. I would be quiet or suddenly withdrawn from people around me. Luckily, I learnt to think about all the happy memories. And there are so many fun memories.
The reason why I look up to him is because "I inherited my personality from him" as I like to put it. I mean, when it comes to looks I definitely look like my maternal grandparents: tanned, dark brown eyes, dark brown/black hair. But when I comes to personality, I take after my grandfather. So here's a description of what he was like:
A cheerful and silly man who always looked stylish. He might have been a tiny bit vain since I remember that he always combed his hair, making sure his hairdo was on point. My grandmother is rather serious, my grandfather could be a complete goof at times. Sure, he was a retired man. But he was still young at heart. He was still very playful and active: he would do morning gymnastics, take us swimming, we walked through woods together, took us to his kitchen garden, he was good at drawing (my mum, me and my sisters inherited our creative and drawing skills from him).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten