maandag 5 maart 2018

a very Monday Monday

I wanted to do something good for once, now I have two bruises
... that would sum up my Monday

buuut we all now that I'm not very skilled at using few words
SO GUESS WHAT
I'll write about my entire day
(hooray)


Ok, today started with me having slept only 5 - 6 hours (I'm the kind of person who needs 7 hours of sleep, AT LEAST soo hhahahaha :c ). My alarm didn't go off, but yay, still caught the bus in time!
So I decided to donate blood. Okay, gonna be honest: Red Cross had spammed me back in January. Why? My blood group is O- . This means you can donate blood to people with almost any blood group (fun fact: only few blood groups can donate to me, so haha ^----^; yeah ...)
So for Red Cross I'm basically a walking blood bag. I decided to finally donate blood again.
so I go to Leuven, I'm too early (my appointment was at 1:30PM ). I tell myself 'I'm not gonna eat cake today' and about 1 - 2 minutes later I'm in a supermarket and bought a brownie cake (it was really good tho >w> )
I finally found cute clothes I was looking for, so yay happiness.
I look at my watch and it's almost 12:30PM. Time to go to the hospital. The bus is crowded. The cafeteria is full of old people since it's noon, but I'm used to that. An old lady is friendly enough to share her table with me. I eat my sandwich and drink my coke (I was being pretty healthy, I drank coke because of my blood level).
My blood pressure is rather low and the doctors at the Red Cross told me 'I have slow blood' (the doctors didn't get it either lol). Long story short: my blood takes after me and is lazy.

So I go to the Red Cross. Last time I donated blood was not too long before my birthday. On my birthday I received a letter saying: 'you lack blood cells and your blood level/pressure is therefore too low etc). So the doctor checks my blood level by taking blood from my finger. We all know I'm the Paul of the group a coward. the doctor smiles and says 'no worries, the needle they're about to use for the donation is less painful'
now this is where it gets funny sniff
So I lay there to donate blood, but everyone always donates blood plasma so the blood department is empty as usual
forever alone
I think about all the old people that complain because some nurses can't find their veins and stick the needle in the wrong place in their skin. Then I think 'luckily this hasn't happened to me'
AND YOU CAN FEEL THE IRONY COMING
so I have this pretty big vein (I say big, more like chubby, you can't miss it) in my left arm. So far, all doctors/nurses have found it. perfect to put a needle in it, perfect for a donation
but I hadn't seen this nurse before. And as I mentally prepare myself for that needle, I remind myself the pain isn't that bad
AND YOU CAN FEEL THE IRONY COMING AGAIN
since she sticks it in my skin (idk where) but not in my vein, I can feel it pretty well. at first I try to laugh it off 'oh eh haha, pretty big needle'. Then she takes it out a little bit and tries to put it back. Now I say 'ok, that kinda hurts'.

So she says 'ok girl (girl as in 'little girl', we were pretty much the same age. awkwaaaard) we'll stop here'
I ask her what's wrong. Something about my vein being 'shifted'
So I ask her, with a small hint of sarcasm 'wait, are you telling me my vein moved to a different place in my arm all of a sudden?'
She says 'ofcourse not' and gives me a medical explanation. She looks at my expression and notices I have no medical degree whatsoever and therefore don't really get what she's saying ...
Then she says, and read carefully: 'Your vein hasn't moved, but it moved to a slightly different spot'
so wait: hasn't moved ... but moved ...
...
You know how doctors always use clear language when they try to translate their medical language to human language? ... Yeah, I'm not familiar with it either ...    .____.

So she's not allowed to put it back, so no donation for me. She thinks I'm sad or something since she says: 'don't worry, this has also happened to other people'
no offense or anythiiin', but you are the nurse, so getting the needle in the right place is kindaaa your job ...

After sitting down for another half an hour somewhere in the hospital (it's not me, it's because of my lazy blood, rememberrrr >w> ) I finally get up. I walk to this other store I wanna pass. I go to the garden and take pics of pretty flowers. I look at the time 3PM and 42 ... minutes (that cursed number XDD ;w; )

my left arm was feeling kinda dead until 4 - 4:30PM and I walked a lot, carrying all my bags on my right shoulder and in my right hand ;w;
around 4PM I sit at the bus stop (this "adult" laughs at me cuz I look tired and sat down ... ) my sister has messaged me 'hey you're in Leuven?'
so we meet in this bar, she tells about her weekend trip to Germany and I tell about my hospital adventures and my weekend
this is coming to an end all of a sudden, cuz I still don't feel too well, but enjoy the pictures


 obsessing over these buildings 'cuz they're metallic and therefore shinyyy
(adulting done right)


my hometown
welcome to mah 'hooood 

pretending my arm didn't hurt

my school isn't far away from this one
AND WE DIDN'T HAVE A HOGWARTS TOWER :c 

c:


flowers
I love this time of year
... and flowers


why didn't I pick a purple outfit this morning
(my aesthetics ;w; )

 

my sister was so happy to see me

no really I swearrr D:




Do I love my food ... or am I tipsy?
(story of mah life)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten