woensdag 21 februari 2018

Eleanor Rigby review

This post will be, laik, super serious   c:
a super serious review

I know what you're thinking:
'Madu, you're a meanie who takes every chance she gets to mock Scousers'
... Ok, not gonna deny that c:

But before I continue this blog post, can I quickly say this:
Not only do others mock Scousers, Scousers often mock themselves (not on purpose ... I guess? ) :
- They go to 'Scouse accent' videos on YT and comment 'haha, why am I watching this? I already know Scouse lol' (unless they truly forgot their own native language/accent  .___. ) (for more info: ask for Cludi)
- Paul McCartney














- Cludi and her magic scaws logik skillzzz
- That one Scouse man who can't solve the following: "If you're going 200 miles an hour and you've got 200 miles to go, how long will that take you?"

Ah I love this culture so much and can't wait to visit this cit-
I MEAN
AHAHA, FUN FACT: I think the internet is trying to lure me to Liverpool.
Seriously though, I keep reading 'the city was so much nicer than we expected', 'lovely place' and 'the people are so friendly and sweet' etc
Then again: I wouldn't mind living there so maybe ending up there isn't that bad

I really have to change the subject, before I reveal too many of my secrets here


TIME TO MOVE ON TO THE ACTUAL REVIEW

Ok, Scousers mocking themselves: let's go back to point 2: Paul

You might know he was part of the Beatles and that he sang 'Eleanor Rigby'
Here's the chorus and intro for some of you that don't know the song:



Ah look at all the lonely people
Ah look at all the lonely people
Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice
In the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream
Waits at the window, wearing the face
That she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for
All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?
Father McKenzie, writing the words
Of a sermon that no one will hear
No one comes near
Look at him working, darning his socks
In the night when there's nobody there
What does he care
All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?
Ah look at all the lonely people
Ah look at all the lonely people


I know it's not very clear, but this song's actually about lonely people. And you know what's funny:
some elements in the video remind us a lot about Scousers/Liverpool:

 There are two footbal teams to be seen in the video, blue and red. people say these two teams are Liverpool's two footbal teams: Everton and Liverpool FC
aka Scouse footbal aka Scousers

And is it me or does one of these footbal players look kinda like Paul

This image looks a bit like what a lot of streets in Liverpool look like: bordered with small brick walls
it kinda looks like the 1960s version of Paul Street


SooooOoooooo0oooo,
a song about loners and in the video there seem to be references to Scousers (lol, jokes on you, Paul) and Liverpool???

-insert sad violin music here-
so, what they're trying to say is that Scousers are sweet and friendly to everyone, yet they are alone despite all their efforts
;w;


THE END


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten